Grand Awards are presented in each of the 21 ISEF categories, as follows:
- 1st Award: $5,000 cash award
- 2nd Award: $2,000 cash award
- 3rd Award: $1,000 cash award
- 4th Award: $500 cash award
If in teams, members will split the award equally. The number of awards distributed in each category is proportional to the number of projects entered in that category.
The following Regeneron ISEF Top Awards will be selected from among the 1st Award winners:
- George D. Yancopoulos Innovator Award of $75,000
- Regeneron Young Scientist Awards (2) of $50,000 each
- The Gordon E. Moore Award for Positive Outcomes for Future Generations of $50,000
- Craig R. Barrett Award for Innovation of $10,000
- H. Robert Horvitz Prize for Fundamental Research of $10,000
- Peggy Scripps Award for Science Communicationof $10,000
- Dudley R. Herschbach SIYSS (Stockholm International Youth Science Seminar) Award: awarded to three students.
- EU Contest for Young Scientists Award: presented to two projects.