The September 2011 issue of Popular Science features innovative high school inventors, including many alumni of Society education programs, including the Intel Science Talent Search, the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair, and Society middle school competitions.
- ALLISON DANA BICK (Intel STS 2011)
- RYAN ERICKSON (DCYSC 2006, Intel ISEF 2010 and 2011)
- PARAM JAGGI (Intel ISEF 2010 and 2011)
- ALEXANDER GILBERT (Intel ISEF 2011, Intel STS 2011 semifinalist)
- MATTHEW FEDDERSON AND BLAKE MARGGRAFF (Intel ISEF 2011, Gordon E. Moore Award Winners)
- JAO-KE CHIN-LEE (Intel ISEF 2011)
- SARA VOLZ (DCYSC 2007, MSP 2008, Intel ISEF 2010 and 2011)