Was there Water on Mars?
Science News astronomy writer Ron Cowen was on NPR’s Science Friday last week to discuss a new study that supports a watery past for Mars. “People agree that 3.5 million years ago, or so, there was some water, but it’s not clear how much,” Ron told the show’s host, Ira Flatow. Ron also discussed the next steps for finding out how much water the Red Planet may have had. This was Ron’s fourth appearance on Science Friday since January.
- Listen to the show
- Read Ron’s article, Wet past for red planet
- Read Ron’s other articles
- Listen to Ron’s other appearances on Science Friday:
- Astronomy Meeting Highlights– January 8, 2010
- The Hubble at 20 – April 23, 2010
- Astronomy Meeting Highlights – May 28, 2010