This position will support the program managers of the Science Education Programs (SEP) department.
- Provides administrative support to the functions of the education departments. This includes responding to phone and email inquiries, supporting mailings and data entry needs and assisting in administrative and accounting paperwork.
- Monitors science education online activities including digital badging, the science training program directory and judge, volunteer, and teacher sign-up processes.
- Aids in the processing of online applications for the programs throughout the year.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education, technical training and equivalent experience. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate. Undergraduate degree in science or education is desirable, but not required.
- Strong communications skills (written and oral), excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Accomplished computer proficiency including:
a. Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
b. Experience w/database systems a plus
c. Prior experience using Web Content Mangement Systems a plus.
- Prior experience using Web Content Management Systems to package and publish content to websites and/or blogs a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others as a team, to multi-task, and to be a self-starter.
- Attendance at all SEP programs, which requires at least 2 weeks of travel annually. Affinity for the educational, science and outreach goals of the Society for Science & the Public.
Please submit cover letter, salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
To learn more about Society for Science & the Public please visit us at www.societyforscience.org
The Society for Science & the Public is committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, gender, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.