This position will report directly to the Director of the Science Education Programs (SEP) department. The Associate Specialist will also provide support to the operations department as needed.
1. Provides administrative support to the functions of the education and operations departments. This includes responding to phone and email inquiries, supporting mailings and data entry needs and assisting in administrative and accounting paperwork of these departments.
2. Monitors science education online activities including digital badging, the science training program directory and judge, volunteer, and teacher sign-up processes.
3. Aids in the processing of online applications for the programs throughout the year.
4. Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education, technical training and equivalent experience. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate. Undergraduate degree in science or education is desirable, but not required.
2. Strong communications skills (written and oral), excellent organizational and time management skills.
3. Accomplished computer proficiency including:
- Word Processing
- Database Systems (Access, Raiser’s Edge desirable)
4. Prior experience using Web Content Management Systems to package and publish content to websites and/or blogs a plus.
5. Demonstrated ability to work with others as a team, to multi-task, and to be a self-starter.
6. Attendance at all SEP programs, which requires at least 2 weeks of travel annually.
7. Affinity for the educational, science and outreach goals of the Society for Science & the Public.
Please send resumes to Nancy Moulding. No phone calls.