The Information Technology Specialist reports to the Director of Internal Operations and works closely with all members of the Information Technology Department. The successful candidate will support existing technologies and initiate process improvements. The ability to identify and resolve software problems quickly and to adapt to emerging technologies is required.
- Design, implement, and test Enterprise Application Software solutions for the management of Domestic and International Science Fairs using cutting-edge technology and design methodologies
- Develop and manage relational databases using T-SQL
- Troubleshoot production issues, perform root cause analysis, and implement solutions
- Work with internal staff to review legacy applications and document business rules/requirements
- Serve as a backup to general Information technology needs.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts and best practices, with a working knowledge of Object Oriented Design and Software Development concepts using Microsoft Technologies.
- Familiarity with design patterns and software development life cycle desired
- Experience with ASP.NET C#
- Experience with HTML, CSS, jQuery
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel
- Completion of a formal training program of one to two years beyond high school, or has earned an associate’s degree (Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field preferred).
- Two to five years experience with a variety of software packages and computers providing technical support.
- Experience with Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP environment a plus.
- Experience with Coldfusion development and Blackbaud’s NetCommunity/Raiser’s Edge platforms a plus.
- Professional, self-starter with the ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, a high attention to detail and a desire to learn new and innovative technologies.
Attendance at all SSP education programs, which requires at least two weeks of travel annually
Send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
To learn more about Society for Science & the Public, please visit www.societyforscience.org
This is a full-time position.