Reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Marketing Associate provides hands-on logistical support, creativity and professionalism to the administration of a wide range of sales and marketing functions.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Customer service and order management for Science News and Science News for Students content licensing and permissions
- Customer service, order management and logistics for Science News and Science News for Students advertising, including managing digital campaigns in our ad management system;prospecting/compiling ad sales leads; collaborating on drafting e-mail campaigns
- Logistical support for ISEF College Fair, including developing exhibitor handbook, and providing pre-event and onsite support to exhibitors
- In collaboration with the Design team, coordinate development and production of Society branded merchandise for Society store. Maintain store inventory and respond to requests for materials from internal and external clients
- Coordinate copyright submissions for Science News volumes
- Assisting with a wide range of other tasks and projects as assigned
- Excellent attention to detail and high standard of work output
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High level of professionalism and time management skills
- Proficiency in software and computer skills to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe Photoshop, Asana, additional software applications as needed.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to needs of the sales manager and marketing team
- A flexible, collaborative and collegial work style
- No supervisory responsibilities
Due to COVID-19 this position will work remotely until our offices reopen in Washington, D.C. The permanent work location for this position is in Washington, D.C. located near the Dupont Circle and Farragut North Metro stations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting. Occasional travel to organization events is required (once travel is authorized).
Required Education and Experience
- BA degree or equivalent experience
Please note this job description is not designed to cover every duty, responsibility and activity that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position Type and Expected Hours
This is a full-time, non-exempt position (37.5 hours per week). Our core hours are between 10 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET; flexible start and end time allowed upon supervisor approval, though availability for regularly scheduled meetings and unscheduled calls/meetings is required.
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails should include “Marketing Associate” in the subject line and can be addressed to Kathlene Collins, Chief Marketing Officer. No phone calls please.
The Society is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Society for Science & the Public is committed to equal employment opportunity. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, the Society does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, ancestry, national origin, disability, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, age and/or any other categories protected by the laws of the United States or the District of Columbia.