Society for Science is a champion for science, dedicated to expanding scientific literacy, effective STEM education and scientific research. We are a nonprofit 501(c)(3) membership organization focused on promoting the understanding and appreciation of science and the vital role it plays in human advancement: to inform, educate, and inspire.
The organization is seeking a highly motivated IT Support Specialist that reports to the CTO. This candidate must have excellent communication, multitasking, and problem-solving skills to support the IT environment and assist with the productivity of the organization.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting on-boarding training for new hires
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues including but not limited to workstation/server hardware and software, VOIP, routers, switches, firewalls, etc
- Configure, install, and maintain IT users’ desktop software and hardware including current versions of Windows, MAC, Antivirus, and Microsoft O365
- Setup accounts in Active Directory
- Responsible for documenting solutions to problems and developing end-user guidelines • Manage SharePoint content, Zoom, and Slack accounts
- Manage department workflow management systems
- Track the strategic and operational progress of the department
- Reading and understand technical documentation
- Communicate and document IT issues in the ticketing system
- Support Mobile devices (iOS, Android)
- Other duties may be added as defined
Required Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information Technology or relevant combination of education and experience
- 3+ years in an IT/IS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Light to moderate physical effort: up to 30 lbs.
- Experience in the following technologies: Azure, Windows Server, Office 365, SharePoint, VMware, Adobe Products
- Proven ability to learn and support new technologies with minimal supervision.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover every duty, responsibility and activity that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Must be able to travel for some of the organization’s events and occasional weekend projects.
How to Apply
- Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Emails should include “IT Support Specialist” in the subject line. They can be addressed to James Moore, Chief Technology Officer. No phone calls please.
The Society for Science provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.