Society for Science & the Public is a non profit membership organization dedicated to public engagement in scientific research and education. We have an immediate opening for an IT Project Manager and this person will report to the Director of Technology and the CTO.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and administer IT infrastructure project plans and budgets; identify project goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, potential risks and mitigating plans and allocation of available resources and communication.
- Lead requirements analysis, design, development and deployment, managing scope, schedules and resources.
- Set deadlines, assigns responsibilities to those needed, and monitors and summarizes progress.
- Manage multiple web-based projects and applications throughout the project life cycle including definition, estimating, planning, analysis and design, development, deployment, and closure.
- Provide reports and presentations for management regarding project status. Provide training and create procedures and/ or departmental instructions documenting use of new technology.
- Manage and oversee technology requirements for various STEM programs for the organization.
- To perform the job successfully, this candidate must have an understanding of full software life cycle development, web technologies and be able to contribute to building and working with a positive team. Candidate will be able to gather and analyze information and identify problems in a timely manner, prioritize objectives and goals effectively.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor ‘s degree from four-year College or university; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of IT project management experience, or equivalent experience in web and database development and technologies.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Demonstrates interpersonal and people skills, with experience working with vendors in a professional, efficient and confidential manner.
- Strong organizational and communication skills and capable of multitasking. Strong attention to detail; self-starter and independent worker.
- Experience with documentation and project management tools such as JIRA, Asana, Microsoft Teams, etc.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover every duty, responsibility and activity that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply
- Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Emails should include “IT Project Manager” in the subject line. They can be addressed to James Moore, Chief Technology Officer. No phone calls please.
Society for Science & the Public provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.