- Create and implement annual and long-term strategies for increasing and sustaining our base of sponsorship support for Society programs and publications, especially ISEF.
- Seek out new partnerships to benefit all of the Society’s programs. Think outside the box about ways to advance the Society’s mission.
- Represent the Society at meetings and various other settings throughout the United States in order to ensure productive relationships are built and sustained among both potential and current funders.
- Lead effective contract negotiations with senior-level executives.
- Work with Society executive leadership, design and program staff to create top notch sponsorship packages and proposals to funding prospects.
- Ensure productive relationships are built and sustained among potential sponsors.
- Work across departments with Society colleagues to improve systems and procedures to ensure all sponsorship contracts and reporting requirements are followed.
- Other responsibilities as developed over time.
- Successful leader with an ability to execute in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and drive results.
- Entrepreneurial with a self-starting personality; ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Significant experience securing funding (6-figure plus) from corporate CSR departments through sponsorships and grants.
- Excellent and effective communication skills, especially in regards to in-person presentations.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to handle confidential information with care.
- Understanding and affinity for the core values of the Society.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position Type and Expected Hours
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday during normal office hours of the Society. Anticipate about 40 percent travel for this role, including to Society’s science competitions, to meet with corporate supporters and Society partners, attend events and trainings, etc.
Required Education and Experience
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- BA degree required, Masters preferred
How to apply:
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails should include “Director of Strategic Partnerships” in the subject line. They can be addressed to Rachel Alper, Chief of Staff. No phone calls please.
The Society is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Society for Science & the Public is committed to equal employment opportunity. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, the Society does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, ancestry, national origin, disability, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, age and/or any other categories protected by the laws of the United States or the District of Columbia.