Skip to main content
Who comprises the Display and Safety Committee and What is its purpose? The Display and Safety (D&S) Committee is comprised of Intel ISEF veterans who serve a three year term on the ongoing committee that provides year-to-year continuity for the Display and Safety inspection process. These experienced inspectors ensure compliance to published display rules and regulations and proper safety for each project exhibited at the Intel ISEF.
Assisting the D & S committee in achieving these objectives are volunteers from the host city who are trained and then perform most of the initial Display and Safety inspections of the projects prior to the Finalists’ judging. After the initial inspections, D & S Committee members continue to review projects and write project infractions that Finalists must correct to qualify for judging.
Therefore, the primary responsibilities of the Display and Safety Committee are (1) to provide initial checking of projects after the SRC has cleared them for set up and (2) to provide continuing enforcement of the Intel ISEF's Display and Safety rules throughout the Intel ISEF. To insure proper adherence to all regulations the D & S Committee interfaces with the Scientific Review Committee (SRC), an ongoing group that oversees adherence to research-related rules for the Intel ISEF, throughout the year and during Intel ISEF.
Display and Safety Committee is responsible for:
Please Please direct questions to the D&S Committee at email@example.com
Forms used by Display and Safety Committee, SRC, and HUB personnel
The Display and Safety Committee uses specific forms in its Exhibit Hall operations. Additionally, there are other forms used by (1) the Scientific Review Committee, (2) the HUB's Forms Check/Return Shipping station, and (3) the HUB's Security Control station. The forms relating to Display and Safety are listed below:
1. General Display and Safety Forms
2. Security Forms
3. Return Shipping Form
4. Scientific Review Committee Forms
5. Intel ISEF Finalist Forms from Society for Science & the Public Original of Finalist's official Abstract and Certification embossed by the Scientific Review Committee. Any rewrite of the Finalist's abstract requested by the SRC must be embossed by the SRC in order for it to be valid and official.
NOTE: See also the PowerPoint-based Training Presentation used by the Display and Safety Committee to train local Host City volunteer inspectors at the end of this Web page. The training of local Display and Safety Inspectors may occur in the month leading up to Intel ISEF and then again on the Saturday just before the fair opens. The purpose is to ensure that all persons inspecting the projects are familiar with the procedures and forms used in their work. Training will often reference the following resources: each inspector should receive a packet of information which at least includes printed copies of (1) the Display and Safety schedule for Intel ISEF, (2) Display and Safety Committee form used for Intel ISEF, (3) the International Rules for Pre-college Science Research: Guidelines for Science and Engineering Fairs (4) the Display and Safety section of the Intel ISEF Exhibit Hall Operations Manual, and (5) the PowerPoint Training Presentation.
Volunteer Display and Safety Inspectors' Responsibilities 1. General
Return to the HUB or contact a member of the Display and Safety Committee if you encounter a situation or question you do not feel confident addressing.
2. Pre-inspection Procedures
3. Inspection of the Finalist's Project
4. Approved Projects
5. Projects Requiring Re-inspection after Elimination of Initial Infraction(s)
7. Removal of Prohibited Items VOLUNTEER INSPECTORS: Contact a member of the Display and Safety Committee to inspect projects that may have items that must be removed. .
8. Inspection of Guest Exhibitor Projects VOLUNTEER INSPECTORS:Contact a member of the Display and Safety Committee to inspect Guest Exhibitor projects. Guest Exhibitor projects are to be inspected only by members of the Display and Safety Committee. The same forms are used for inspecting Guest Exhibitor projects as are used with other projects, except that "Guest Exhibitor" must be stamped on all Display and Safety forms used with Guest Exhibitor projects. Guest Exhibitor projects must follow the same set-up deadlines and procedures as other projects as well as adhering to ALL safety-related Display and Safety rules.
See also the The Display & Safety guidelines for the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair are provided within the International Rules for Pre-College Science Research and are available in the document library.
A PDF slide show, illustrating the main points of Display and Safety procedures. ). Any questions about the presentation or the information in it should be directed to Harry Rothmann (Society for Science & the Public Director of Internal Operations) or Henry Hartman (Display and Safety Committee Chair).
Sign-up for the free SSP newsletter today.
PLEASE CONTACT US
1719 N Street, N.W. Washington, D.C. 20036202.785.2255
© 2013 Copyright
CONNECT WITH SSP